fredag den 5. juli 2013

Fancy Friday #10: Tape Mani

This week's challenge is something I love to do: Tape manicures. I sucked at them in the beginning, but I loved that I could get so many different looks from it that I just kept on working on it - and I think it is probably the nail art technique I master best today. Which should tell me something about keeping on working on those I suck at...but I digress.

So here's what I've come up with for this week's Fancy Friday, using Elevation Polish Uluru and China Glaze Fancy Pants:

 
I started out with Uluru as base colour and then cut out small triangles in five peaces of Scotch tape.


I then randomly chose how the pattern should line up on the individual nail. Though I had decided I wanted the colours to alternate on each finger.


 Then I painted the part that wasn't covered with tape with Fancy Pants.


Most importantly: I removed the tape almost immediately after painting the nail, if it sits for too long you risk tearing the design.




And just to show you how bad I was at this in the beginning, here is a revisit to my colour block mani back in January last year, done with tape:


So don't despair if you can't make this work, we've all started somewhere and not everybody nails it the first time!!

Jeg elsker at lave tape manicure, så da jeg så det var denne uges Fælles Fredag tema gik jeg med det samme i gang med at spekulere over, hvad jeg ville lave. Det blev til en zigzag mani som jeg er ret glad for, ligesom jeg også er vild med de to lakker sammen - Elevation Polish Uluru og China Glaze Fancy Pants. Og for lige at understrege at jeg også engang var en klovn til det, synes jeg lige i skulle gense min colour block mani fra januar sidste år, den lavede jeg nemlig med tape.

 

1 kommentar:

  1. Årh det ser fedt ud!! Super flot med to kontrast farver :)
    Sjovt med den gamle mani! Så bliver man opmærksom på, hvor meget man har udviklet sig :)

    SvarSlet