fredag den 28. november 2014

Fancy Friday #81: Lead Light Nails

I have been looking forward to this technique because it means that I get to use my awesome Rica Squish polishes again. Back when we did reverse stamping I used them for that and thought they would be excellent for lead lighting. Which they are :D

Rica Polish Lemon Squish

I followed Julia from Messy Mension's tutorial on Youtube which made this awfully simple.

Rica Polish Strawberry Squish

Basically you are colouring in your stamp with a dotting tool or a small nail art brush, using jelly or tint polishes like OPI Sheer Tints or the Squish polishes from Rica.

Rica Polish Tangerine Squish

My stamping wasn't really good so I made good with what I had ;)


Here is Julia's guide which will give you an excellent run-through of the technique:







I sure will be doing this again, got a whole lot of comments on my nails.

Remember to drop by the other girls, they have some wonderful leadlight nails to share with you.

Så blev det tid til at afprøve en teknik som bliver kaldt Leadlighting, en indfarvningsteknik man typisk bruger til stamping og som skal forestille samme type glasmaling som man bruger til blyindfattede ruder. Det er en nem måde at få neglene til at se avancerede ud - hvilket jeg elsker ;). Check Julia fra MessyMansion's video, find nogle tintlakker eller lav en lille portion selv ved at fortynde en kraftigt pigmenteret lak med en klar lak, indtil farven er gennemsigtig, og prøv selv Leadlighting.